Category: Home Improvement
The kitchen is the heart of every home. It is the place where families spend a majority of their time together. With the beginning of 2018, we can predict some brand new kitchen trends. Home designs present you a few of those trends that will pop-up this year.
This year, very much like the year before, the matte-black trend is popular. The matte finishes are recommended, regardless if we are talking about bigger or smaller appliances.
The typical chrome, bronze or stainless-still finishes are replaced with smooth matte-black ones. We can obviously see that the number of matte-black fridges, dishwashers and ovens is increased. Black is becoming the new white for those who are prepared to push the boundaries. You shouldn`t be pretentious with all this blackness if you don`t want to lose the natural look of the matt finishes.
In the past, designers have used their skills to hide appliances from sight. Now we are making them a feature statement in the kitchen. Nowadays, modern appliances are made to highlight their beauty, not their functionality.
The flooring kitchen trends for 2018 have diverged; from hand-made carpets and rugs, concrete or marble floors to graphic floor tiles. If the carpet is a hand-made creation with carefully coloured threads and unique patterns – it becomes a piece of art. Concrete is still popular, especially with under-foot heating. Natural cork has come back, which is nice because it captures a softer finish. Marmoleum is proving to be popular, too. It requires regular maintenance and care to keep it looking beautiful.
In terms of the graphic floor tiles, home designs have one important advice for you: either keep the surrounding scheme light and neutral to let your floor tiles take centre stage, or pull out a colour from your tiles to bring to your cabinetry.
In general with kitchens, designers are always advocating the natural look no matter if we use darker or lighter tones. Last year, the grey and black were favourite colours among the designers. The prospects are that the trend will continue over 2018.
You can combine matte-black cabinetry with warm metallic sinks and tapware in brass, copper or gold metal. Keep your palette simple if you don`t want a chaos in your kitchen.
Customisation and personalisation
Now more than ever your kitchen can feel personal and unique. With the rise of custom-made furniture and personalized appliances, the concept of the kitchen is pushed to the next level. You can create a design that works best for you and your lifestyle. Also, remember to consider your type of cooking, as this has a big impact on the design. For example, if you love to cook – invest in quality appliances to make this everyday experience more enjoyable.
Your kitchen is a place where you spend a considerable amount of time every day. However if the kitchen is small the same tasks appear very cumbersome and difficult to manage. To guide you we are providing 10 classic ways in which you can maximize the space in a small kitchen.
1. Opt for more wall storage- The shelves in your kitchen can be enlarged to accommodate more objects and containers. Try and fit all those things on the shelves which otherwise lie scattered on the countertops. This manner you can also reduce the clutter in your kitchen.
2. Integration of appliances- When you get a modular kitchen made you can always make sure that appliances like microwave and dishwashers are integrated in the panelling itself. Doing that saves you space on the kitchen slab and reduces the amount of stuff that is outside.
3. Hanger for pots and pans- Cookware is one of the few things that occupy a lot of space. To free some space you can install a hanger where such pots and pans can be accommodated. That ways a lot of your cabinet space can also be used for other purposes.
4. Open Wall shelves- The shelves that are made will be more convenient if you leave them open. Skip a full installation of wall cabinets and use the open shelves to keep your crockery and items that are worth displaying.
5. Pull out counters- If you think there is still shortage of space invest your money in pull out counters. This could be used for meal preparation and once over you could close it and keep it hidden. Such a counter does not interfere with your kitchen décor style also.
6. Consistent finishes- When you keep a consistent look for your kitchen it looks neat and even the limited space available looks more. Such fine finishes also provide an elegance to your kitchen which is otherwise difficult to get.
7. Corner space usage- There is a lot of space in the corners which are otherwise not used. Those who understand the importance of this space create modular kitchen attachments which uses the corner much more efficiently.
8. Scalability issues- If you have a small kitchen then do not go for large-scale features and bold pattern usage. Minimize use of multiple textures and spaces and selected only muted tones for the kitchen. This makes your small kitchen look spacious despite its constraints.
9. Use multi-functional appliances- When you have space issues you should definitely look at buying appliances which are capable of handling multiple tasks. That ways you won’t have to share space for two-three devices and your work will be made convenient.
10. Skinny cupboards and shelves- Store more things at one place by installing slim cupboards and shelves. Such narrow shelves and cupboards can be installed in corners and places which are otherwise not so useful.
With these tips, you can comfortably create a beautiful and homely kitchen even if space is less.